Coordination of Treatment
CONFIDENTIALITY: Records are maintained on each client. Records may contain the following:
Identifying information; Session notes; Any reports from other professionals regarding your treatment; Any correspondence or other materials that you send to me; Copies of any correspondence about you that I send to others. These records are meant to be a working document to both reflect and guide your therapeutic work. Your records are confidential and may only be accessed by me.
Your records are confidential except in the following circumstances:
- If you choose to seek reimbursement for counseling from your insurance provider, I will communicate about your counseling with your insurance provider;
- I am mandated to report physical or sexual abuse of children;
- I am mandated to report threats of suicide or homicide;
- If you sign a release of information for me to communicate with someone else;
- Information necessary for supervision or consultation;
- Information noted in the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practice;
- Information required by law.
While I will always try to return your call or email within 24 hours and usually sooner, I am not an emergency mental health service. If you experience an emergency, you should call 911 or go directly to your nearest emergency room.